A surprisingly delicious cocktail bursting with basil, smoky tequila and the late summer season's tomato harvest. Garden to Glass, this margarita is best sipped at brunch or as an aperitif just before dinner. Cheers!
- 2 ounces Tequila
- A&M recommends trying VIDA Mezcal
- 1 ounce fresh Lime Juice
- .75 ounce Honey Syrup
- To make: heat 2 parts honey and 1 part water in a saucepan until honey melts into the water. Bottle, cap, and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- 1-2 medium Heirloom Tomatoes
- 5 fresh Basil Leaves
- .25 ounce Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- A&M Tomato Leaf Elixir
- A&M Citrus Blossom Harvest
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Squeeze juice from tomatoes through a fine mesh sieve to equal 4 oz.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients, including tomato juice.
- Rub a lime around the rim of a collins or rocks glass and roll it in the salt, if using.
- Shake and strain into collins or rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Add 3-5 drops of Tomato Leaf Elixir
- Add 2-3 sprays of Citrus Blossom Harvest